I think that I have picked up a fetish/hobby of getting my picture in front of the post offices of the places I go. What else could I collect from the places that I go? It makes perfect sense to me, and its the main destination once I land.
Mel's daughter was on the 3/4th grade basketball team and heading to a village called McGrath. Its about 1/2 way between here and Anchorage.
Mission: Find a way to get there...
Option 1: Walk. (Hell no. Its too long of a walk, and lets be honest. I'm good at just sitting)
Option 2: SnowGo. (The Iron Dog races just went between our two villages so there is a pathway between the two. However, not confident in an adventure like that. So no.)
Option 3: Plane (Best option however, it can be pricey.)
Well we shot for option 3. Mel asked a noncommercial pilot to fly us. He agreed on the term that we pay for gas. He would drop us off and pick us up. Perfect. Mind you its a 4 passenger plane with a max carrying load of 800 pounds. That can add up quickly with the weight of passengers.
I hoped in the plane when leaving and he put me in the "pilots seat." He flies on the right side of the plane, which isn't the most typical. I was quasi in control of the plane on the way down. I turned and maneuvered here and there to go in the general direction as well as flying over Old Women cabin.
The time there was good. I held chaperon the boys. They were much easier to chaperon (and listened) better than the one high schooler that I was chaperoning last year who I caught in a drug deal. The games were great to cheer for, as we were the only spectators representing Unalakleet.
We flew out after the kiddos so that we could walk toe town and go to the post for the photograph that I so desired.
I'm in good spirits brothers and sisters.
1 comment:
Was it cooler than flying in the SuperCub?
<3kma
Post a Comment