I look forward to the weekends but not necessarily Fridays. Typically my afternoon is my service times. That is when I have the students for particular IEP goals, observe them, and do paperwork. However, the students get out of school right after lunch on Friday. The makes the remainder of the afternoon on Friday for meetings. and ONLY meetings. I think that they become counter productive for me. But is suck it up and go.
However, this weekend was great! On Sunday, Sue (my roommate) and I went for a long walk. From Stebbins to St. Michael- the reverse of what I did last weekend. It was a wonderful walk and great company. She and I are both very laid back and get a long very well (for what I see). We ended up doing some shopping and visited some friends in St. Michael. Another teacher from Stebbins came by to pick us up after he went shopping. During the walk Sue found a reindeer skull with the antlers attached! We plan on hanging it outside of our house. I should get photos of that.
Today was another great day! Stopped at the school to take care of business and got a nice notice that one of the teachers that I hang out with got back from Nome with Chinese! YUM! it was delicious. We also ended up having banana sundaes too! Chocolate, vanilla, shredded strawberries, sliced bananas, shredded chocolate, and handwhipped whipped cream! I was delicious. I like to think that I better here as I did when I lived on my own in Grand Rapids during college.
I am going have a busy winter ahead of me. I am going to be the assistant volleyball coach (bc the head one got pregnant and isn't sure she wants to fly all the time)! I will also be teaching a supplemental reading group after school for an hour and a half right after school. And finally I will sit in a study hall lab after school for an hour only on Thursday. Its all cut out for me...
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't know you were a volleyball player! Good luck!
Also, one of my students just moved back to WI from AK. His mom was teaching there for the past two years. I asked him the name of the city, but now I can't recall it. Anyway, I am able to bond with him because of your experiences. Thank you. You are wonderful. I miss you.
I love you I need you I want you (Oh baby, Oh baby)!
<3 kma
Post a Comment