Thursday, August 28, 2008

Momma says I need to

Even though I'm thousands of miles away, momma still demands things. Of course, I understand why she wants me to write more. But for the time being I really don't have the time. I'm very active. Trying to balance everything- work, play, eat, relax, and a bit of sleeping.

This past Saturday I went out on a fishing expedition! I was invited by my principal for the expedition lead by the new parapro that was hired specifically for one of my intensive needs students. I woke at 6:15- to be in the "courtyard" at 6:30 to be loaded at 7. That meant I had to be ready before my alarm clock goes off during the week. I was really bummed by it but I managed. The rest of the group joined up (there were 7 fishers and one captain) but the boat wasn't there. We ended up having to push the boat half a football field to the water. It was huge. We had two Hondas pushing at the boat to get into the water. It was a huge ordeal. We didn't end up getting on the water till 8:30. The drove south about 45 minutes to great fishing spot on the river- Pikmiktalik. We ended up fishing for almost 7 hours before made it home on fumes.

The fishing was great. I really enjoyed myself. However, per usual, I had pole problems. The first two fish broke my line and stole the lure. It was very sad to me. I also had to rethread the reel with newer line. It was a bit frustrating, but just my luck. I ended up catching 5 fish. It was a great time. For our meal there, Terry, the principal, brought MREs for us. Thanks to Michael, I was vaguely familiar with them. I was the person who was all gunhoe for it. I ended up having a cheese omelet- which looked like the chicken dinners other people had. I'm waiting for the photos to be sent to me.

For now I have a few photos to post. I will continue to play catch up with all the events.
Picture of the sunset and the bluff, pizza we made with my homemade bread, and some photos of my gutting the fish.












I'm trying to get a better website for posting photos.

I'm in good spirits brothers and sisters. Or as everyone calls everyone cousin here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am always cracking up as I read! The fish pictures make me want to vom, but that is ok! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I am always cracking up when I read your postings!! The fish pictures make me want to vom, but that is ok! Love you!!

B & C said...

Dear Ray Ray-

You need to toughen up cupcake!

Luv Brandi

B & C said...

Dear Ray Ray-

You need to tuffin' up cupcake.

Love Brandi

Ms. Adams said...

You make me laugh so hard I cry. I love you!

<3 kma