Monday, August 4, 2008

Finally Here!

I guess that I don't have much to say except that I'm here! FINALLY!

The past two days have been non-stop for me. On my flight I had an oversized carry on, so i had to put it under the seat in front of me. In doing so it eliminated the room for my feet! Talk about a long 7 hour flight with no leg room. Fortunately, I was able to stretch out in the aisle.

I've met some really great people so far. All from the the Northwest (IE Michigan and Wisconsin).

Tomorrow we will fly out in the morning. We'll most likely wake at 5:30 to make sure that we have our baggage checked in. Then do some errands. We'll be headed to Unalakleet. Thats is where the real fun will begin. I'll meet all 45 new staff members! The fun part is that I'm the only one representing my village- as I'm the only new teacher.

Thanks for reading my blog. I'm sure that when I get settled I'll put some photos up and really spice up the blog.

Til then.

2 comments:

B & C said...

Dear Shon,

So sorry for your misfortune with the leg room. B & C just got back from Fort Collins, Co. Beer tasting weekend extravaganza. Sorry for your dry county misfortune- i am sure we drank enough for your entire village. Then to our fourtune the only two seats back to DTW was on first class- way too much leg room!!! Miss you aleady - Love B & C

Ms. Adams said...

WHAT? YOU had an OVERSIZED carry on bag? USO!

I'm glad there are some Wisconsinites representing.