Monday, April 27, 2009

My apologies

It has been so long. I truly am sorry. It should not have come to this long before writing again. It has been a lack of motivation. I'm coming to the 3 final weeks for school.

This week we have POD, Profession Opportunity for Development. This means that there will not be any students at the school Tuesday and Wednesday. We will have professional in service with some people from District Office, and SMK staff.

The following week is a full week. However, the 5-7th I will be in Nome wit middle schoolers being a chaperon to the the vocational centre that BSSD has there. That means that I will be with them 24 hours a day. This is okay though, as the time will go by fast.

The final week will be a short one. It is 3 days. However, Wednesday will be a half day and Tuesday we have our awards ceremony in the afternoon. We'll finish out the week on Thursday the 14th as the final day for teachers- if all the paperwork is completed.


I can't believe it. The year is almost finished. I think that I am as excited as the kids. However, there is so much more that I have to accomplish to get my students passed.

I am also eager for the end of the school. I have the school district airplane relocating my tubs- which makes things cheaper. I won't have to pay for transferring them. Now all I have to do is find someone who is willing to hold the empty tubs over the summer for me. I have to find that person soon.

On a very happy note, I am going to Juneau for some training (with 3 other staff members). They are paying for the airfare and the accommodations. They are also trying to get me out there earlier per my request (of course I will be paying the $10 a hostel before I move into the hotel for the training. The training is to be a Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Trainer. That means that I will learn student restraints and takedowns. I'm hoping that this will allow me to travel to other villages in the district to train their teachers. We can only hope.

After that, I will be back to Anchorage to do my RV trip with the ladies! I cannot wait! It will be so very exciting. It should be a real blast! Then to Michigan to see friends (not Katie as i will have seen her in ANC) and family.

I'm still trying to figure out if I will be back up here for July for summer school. I have to get in contact with the special education teacher there and the family of the lad.

No comments: